Drugs are substances that cause a change in the physiology and psychology of an organism when ingested or introduced into the body. Furthermore, they can be used by inhalation, injecting, smoking, ingestion, absorption by a patch on the body, or dissolution by the tongue.
What is drug testing?
It is the technical analysis of urine, blood, hair, breath, sweat, and saliva to detect the presence of one or more illegal or prescription drugs. So, the drugs most often tested are:-
- Opioids such as heroin, codeine, oxycodone, morphine, etc.
Benefits of drug testing at your workplace
There are various benefits of drugs testing:-
- Promotes a safe workplace- Using drugs at work has many negative impacts on the safety of employees. Furthermore, using drugs continuously can impaired decision-making, reduce reaction time, and can increase accidental rates.
- Drug testing benefits in two ways for employers-
- Lower costs for employees.
- Also, promotes an efficient work environment.
Conducting drug testing provides benefits that far outweigh the costs.
Lack of using drugs in the workplace increases safety and productivity and makes a healthier, safer, and positive environment.
- Increased productivity- Productivity level of workers abusing drugs have productivity level 33% lower than other employees. Therefore, testing for drugs will help businesses in increasing 20% of productivity.
- Protect the brand of a company- It takes only one embarrassing incident due to drug use to permanently stain the reputation of your company, which includes negative news coverage or a bad review. So, you can protect the reputation of your company, your employees, productivity level, etc. just by regular drug testing. It can protect the drug usage by employees. You can’t prevent it at all but you can minimize the risk of drug usage by the procedure.
- Pre-employment drug testing- Drug testing of a person before providing work opportunity can help to provide a better employee for your company. In addition, it can not only maintain the reputation of the company but also increase the productivity level.
- It creates a healthier workplace- Use of drugs carries several health risks. Henceforth, drug testing at the workplace provides education about these health risks and can contribute to making the workplace a healthier one.
Drug Tests providing by 24/7 Labs
5 Panel Basic Testing Panel
$ 39 – $ 199
$49 Results in 1 – 3 Days.
$39 Instant Results in 10 Minutes.
Comprehensive Testing Panel
- Methamphetamines / Amphetamine
$ 39 – $ 379
DOT Drug Test
It is a test required by the department of transportation for all commercial drivers. So, this test ensures that all drivers can drive commercial vehicles safely.
$ 80.00 – $ 90.00
K2 Spice Designer Testing Panel
Known as synthetic marijuana, it is a psychoactive designer drug that is derived from natural herbs. In addition, it is sprayed with synthetic chemicals which allegedly mimics the side effect of marijuana.
$ 179.00 – $ 249.00
Drug testing plays an important role in safety-critical and other occupations where the public is entitled to expect the highest standards of safety and probity. Aside from this, there is no justification for drug testing simply as a way of policing the private behavior of the workforce, nor is it an appropriate tool for dealing with most performance issues. When drug testing has to be done it should be approached with caution, and implemented in a fair, transparent, and inclusive way. For most businesses, investment in management training and systems will have more impact on safety, performance, and productivity than drug testing at work. Lastly, testing for drugs will help businesses in increasing 20% of productivity. In conclusion, drug testing can protect the reputation of your company, your employees, and helps to amplify the productivity level.